Special Vote Applications CLOSE On 18 April!
Special Vote applications opened on 4 April and close on 18 April. So, if you or a member of your family will be unable to visit your polling station on Wednesday 8 May 2019., you may be allowed to cast a special vote.
In order to do so, you will need TO APPLY for a special vote – either on the prescribed form (not recommended), via SMS (not for home visits), or online (preferred).
There are two types of special votes:
(1) Home Visits on Monday 6 May and Tuesday 7 May
- For people who are unable to get to a voting station. Your carers may also apply.
- You must to be correctly registered for the voting station serving your home visit address.
- The IEC will not allow you to vote in your home if you are incorrectly registered.
- Home visits are normally done in the morning.
- Someone from the Voting Station will call on the day to arrange a time.
(2) Visit to the Voting Station on Tuesday 7 May
- This is for voters who will be away on Wednesday 8 May (voting day), and those who want to avoid election day queues.
- You must vote at the Voting Station where you are registered.
- The Voting Station will be open from 9am to 5pm on Tuesday, 7 May.
- Please bring your ID document.
- Only those who have applied will be allowed to vote.
How To Apply
• CLICK HERE to apply online between 4 – 18 April
• To apply via SMS between 4 – 18 April (not for home visits) – send your identity number to 32249.
Note: The deadline to register to vote overseas has passed.