“Puzzling” developments at the Sandton Sports Club
The completely revamped Sandton Sports Club is rapidly becoming our office-away-from-the-office – free WIFI, outstanding coffee, outdoor and indoor areas (or our favourite spot between the two) and gorgeous views over the beautiful green space they have created. So when we heard that there were some “puzzling” new developments in the pipeline (in the form of an exciting Puzzle Park – the first of it’s kind in Gauteng), we were quick to request the full story so our local residents would be the first to know!
Also a reminder that no membership fee is required to enjoy the Sandton Sports Club and all it has to offer, however paying members receive a 10% discount on your total Milk Bar bill, reduced rates on various club offerings, and voting rights as to the direction the club takes in the future. Membership fees are as little as R100 per person per month or R120 per month for a family of four, and you can sign up online!
- Specialist Cricket Academy
- Puzzle Park (for children) – along the same lines as the Plett Puzzle Park, this promises to be a massive drawcard for families, with a 3D maze, play area and so much more. We can’t wait to check it out in the next few weeks!
- Mountain bike track
- Running track
- Gym offerings
ALREADY ON OFFER (and SO worth a visit)!
1. MILK BAR
The new Milk Bar has quickly become a go-to spot for locals and non-locals alike! With a stunning bar area and tables spilling out onto a large deck, Milk Bar also features live music every Thursday night. The parking lot is packed on a Friday night as families and TGIF workers grab a table and enjoy much-needed sundowners and a delicious meal.
There is also a fully fenced-off shaded grassy area where the kids can play – we were delighted to hear that brand new jungle gyms and dedicated childminders are also on the agenda for the next few weeks. This is already a great area for parents and kids alike – the entire club has been ring-fenced with new perimeter fencing and dedicated security guards, which means that kids have a remarkable amount of freedom to skateboard, rollerblade and ride their bikes.
The Milk Bar’s new BOTANIST events venue is also now available for corporate events, birthday celebrations, wedding receptions and more.
2. SPORTS FACILITIES
The club’s key offering is the brand new 5-a-side soccer fields and clubhouse, brought to you by the same operators as the Discovery Soccer Park at Wanderers:
- The club is also home to a junior football club and an extension of the Warriors FC, currently at the Wanderers Club.
- It caters for ages from 3 upwards and prides itself on its highly qualified elite trainers with international experience.
- Social, corporate, ladies and mixed leagues will be hosted in the evenings and on the weekends.
- This is also an exciting KIDS’ PARTY VENUE with dedicated soccer co-ordinators, use of a section of the Soccer Clubhouse and deck, and optional catering available.
The venue is looking for a Club Sponsor that will also be given naming rights! Get in touch with them if your brand would be keen to explore this further.
Address: 6 Holt Street, Parkmore