LAST CHANCE, PEOPLE!
Tick Tock! You have just a few hours left to object to your property valuations – they need to be in before 3pm on Friday 6 April.
Remember that it is YOUR responsibility to prove that your house is worth LESS than estimated.
According to this helpful article on Moneyweb:
- Rates based on the new valuations will be charged from 1 July 2018
- These must be paid, regardless of whether a property owner appeals the new valuation.
- Inflationary annual rate increases will come into effect on this day as well, adding the typical ±6% to the adjustment because of the new valuation roll (the 2017/18 increase was 6.2%).
- It is not a stretch to see rates increasing by at least 40% to 50% in July.
HOW TO OBJECT TO YOUR PROPERTY VALUATION
Cllr Tim Truluck has some excellent resources for those of you that are struggling (or wanting to put your head in the sand and pretend it’s not happening!)
Click below to checkout his videos:
- Searching for your property valuation and downloading the objection form – click here
- Registering on the site and lodging an online objection – click here